We have updated our Critical Illness Extra (CIx) and Children’s Critical Illness Extra (CCIx) offering.
- Increased additional payments for;
- CIx to 25% of the sum assured up to a maximum of £30,000
- CCIx to 50% of the sum assured, up to a maximum of £30,000
- Improved definitions for heart attack and dementia
- Added craniosynostosis to the list of conditions covered under CCIx
Legal & General’s Critical Illness Cover continues to pay Children’s Critical Illness claims on a level lump sum basis for both level and decreasing policies.
The update follows our ‘Cost of Critical Illness’ research, highlighting the importance of protection. The research found that the UK’s four biggest critical illness (cancer, MS, stroke and coronary heart disease) take more than £15bn a year out of the UK economy.
Nearly 1 in 4 (23%) of employers also state that critical conditions such as cancer or a heart attack are the most common cause of long term absences.
These enhancements are part of our aim to have a product set designed for Intermediaries, allowing you to recommend a wide range of benefits and options to meet your customer’s needs.