Last updated: 3rd May 2018
Where, in accordance with the GDPR, the consent of the data subject is required for the processing of his or her personal data, it will be within the scope of this procedure.
Consent of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
The data controller, The Right Mortgage Ltd is responsible under the GDPR for obtaining consent from the data subject under advisement from Data Protection Officer.
- The Right Mortgage Ltd shall be able to demonstrate that the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of his or her personal data either through a Data Subject Consent Form.
- The firm shall be able to demonstrate that the data subject has consented to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- The firm shall be able to demonstrate that the data subjects consent is easily distinguishable from any other matter relating to the data subject (if recorded in paper / electronic file format use Data Subject Consent Form, or email then attach the email to the form).
- The firm shall be able to demonstrate that the data subjects consent is in an intelligible and easily accessible form using clear and plain language.
- The firm shall be able to demonstrate that the data subject has been informed of their right to withdraw consent before giving consent (See Right to withdraw Consent Procedure).
- The firm shall be able to demonstrate that processing of data is limited to the contract bound by the explicit consent given by the data subject.
Child consent procedure
The Right Mortgage Ltd does not process child data to the extent that consent is not required.